Episode 75: w/ Katherine Mangu-Ward - “Putin Takes Baltimore”
Recorded: Wednesday, September 27th, 2017.
Guest: Katherine Mangu-Ward, Editor-in-Chief @ Reason
Another wide-ranging, intellectually-stimulating, and very well-lubricated dispatch.
We begin with an almost respectable (but undeniably illuminating) discussion of Donald Trump's "Revolutionary Tax Framework" -- (his words). Proceeding from there to the re-re-re-failure of Republican maneuvering to "Repeal and Replace" Obamacare.
Then we really pour on the gas:
- From "Taking a Knee" to "Title IV"
- Banning Uber to prevent rape is ... beyond stupid.
- Mark Warner's crusade to stop Russia from using Facebook (and hollow out the First Amendment).
- Should you ever use "cyber" as a prefix?
- What's the origin of "hang 10"?
- Gender differences.
- (Sweep the leg.)